Shopping for acupressure mat? Read about types, features, and other must-know topics in our best accupuncture mat guide. Find the best acupressure pad based on our professional acupuncture pad reviews. Read more about which acupressure foot mat for home use that is the best for your specific needs.
Best Acupressure Mat
Surely, these pressure point mats are not for everyone as some of them carry a hefty price-tag.
With that said, one thing can be said for sure, these acupressure mats are good enough to make it to our list of the top Acupressure Mat.
Acupressure Mat Reviews
ProSource Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set for Back/Neck Pain Relief
I was concerned about getting this because of the reviews that say it really hurts. I have fibromyalgia and was thinking my back wouldn’t be able to handle it. But I got it out of dispersion anyway. I am so glad I did. It does hurt when you first lay on it, so that is true.
I started by just using the bottom part of the mat because my back went out on me and I was in severe pain, couldn’t sleep, etc. I put a sheet on the pillow and upper 1/3 of the mat. The first 30 seconds was painful but I accepted the pain hoping it would get better like the brochure says (it comes with a nice brochure explaining how to use it for different aches and pains). Within the first minute the pain started to diminish. In about 3 minutes I could feel my muscles “melting” into the mat. That’s the only way to explain the feeling. I spent about 20 minutes on it and kept feeling different parts of my back really relax for the first time in weeks. Just when I thought my body was fully relaxed, I would feel another muscle “melt”. I love it!!
I am now up to 1 hour after only a week of using it. I tried using it “full mat with pillow” but the upper part of my back is just too sensitive to anything so I stopped doing the upper part of my back. My neck hated it the first couple of times, but now my neck feels really good when I lay on it. (It’s like my body thinks it’s being attacked and goes on full alert the first time. But afterwards it starts realizing that it’s not going to harm me and doesn’t send off a bunch of warning bells to my body.
I even took it to my meditation class where we can sit or lay in any position we want. And I am now hooked on using this as my meditation mat as well. I can meditate and help heal my back both at the same time. Before this I could hardly meditate because my back was in too much pain. I LOVE IT and highly recommend it. And it comes in PURPLE!
Nayoya Back and Neck Pain Relief – Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set
After reading so many great reviews about this product, I had very high expectations. Now, about a week after receiving my own acupressure mat, I will say that this mat not only met my expectations, but exceeded them!
I exercise regularly and tend to get chronic back pains after weight lifting. Recently, I have been working out more consistently, so these pains became more noticeable and as a result, more intense. I kept going back and forth between either going to a chiropractor or looking for another (and cheaper) way to combat these pains. I came across Nayoya and decided to give this “miracle mat” a try to see if it could help combat my back pains. Needless to say, I am extremely happy I did!
Something I noticed while using this mat is that the key is to find your own personal comfort zone to get the most out of it.
That being said, I will share my process as to how I finally found the best way to use this mat so that others can get the most out of their mat as well!
– The first time I used the mat and pillow, I decided to place the set on the bed for some extra cushion since it was my first time using it and I didn’t want to overdo it. The set comes with instructions on the best way to use the mat for beginners and experts alike so I went with the beginners advice. The instructions said that beginners should use the mat for 25 minutes, so I tried that the first day. Because my back was not accustomed to that pressure for such a long period of time, I was only able to do 20 minutes.
– Observations: After day 1, I noticed that it took my back about 2-3 minutes to get over the initial shock of laying over plastic “spikes”. After that, I felt pretty relaxed and the initial minor pain/shock started to go away. I started to feel a heating sensation instead. Sort of like the sensation you get when using icy hot pads. I was only able to do 20 minutes primarily because the spikes on the pillow were a bit too much for my neck/head. I think I had the pillow too high the first time so it was bothering my head too much. After I got off the mat, my back felt as if it had been sun burnt for about 1-2 minutes. Once that sensation went away, WOW! My back pain decreased tremendously after just one try. So I was definitely excited for day 2.
– I decided to move from the bed to the floor to try to get the most out of my mat. This time, I moved the pillow a little more towards my back and away from my neck. I definitely felt the spikes more intensely on the floor, but was able to do the full 25 minutes. Although the burn was more intense, it was also more soothing. It took my back around the same initial time to adjust but I felt very relaxed afterwards.
– Observations: I noticed that the most intense feeling came from my neck, again. Although the aftermath gave my neck a soothing feeling, the pain in the 25 minutes was way too uncomfortable and was taking away from the experience. Therefore, I decided to stop using the pillow for my neck.
[Day 3 and thereafter]
– Day 3 was when I finally found my perfect comfort zone! I decided to use the mat on the floor but decided to place it on top of my thin, foam yoga mat so that I could have just enough padding so that my entire body would be comfortable but not so much that it is adding too much padding and not allowing me to get the full feel of the plastic spikes. I also decided to eliminate the pillow and instead, roll up a small throw blanket, place it under the mat, where the arch of my neck would be, and used that as my pillow so that it ended at my neck and did not go up to my head (I provided photos for reference). This method ended up working wonders for me!!!
– Observations: I did the full 25 minutes and felt amazing. The burning sensation was more pleasing than painful or uncomfortable and my back felt better than ever. I also decided to take that time for reflection and to read my daily devotional. I noticed that this enhanced my experienced and made me feel refreshed. It also took my mind off the slight burning sensation so I was no longer focusing on that and instead using the time for reflection and meditation.
– Overall, this mat has been incredible for me. It has significantly helped my back pains and as soon as I have any kind of discomfort, I immediately resort to my mat. I like that during the time I lay on the mat, I feel relaxed and can just take that time to clear my mind.
– Because I stopped using the pillow for my neck, I decided to start trying it for the bottom of my feet instead to relieve the pressure points on my feet as well.
Spoonk – Back Pain And Sleep Aid Relief
Easily one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. In fact, this mat works so well for relaxation and pain relief that I purchased a few more as gifts. If you are wondering about a Christmas gift this year, look no further. Spoonk makes the best quality acupressure products, in my opinion. The mat itself is my favorite. I have used mine almost daily for over a year and the mat is still firm, the prods are still intact, and the carrying bag is still as good as new.
What’s so great about the Spoonk mat? It draws blood to the areas you lie on. You feel a wave of heat and the prickly feelings disappear. Then a deep relaxation sets in. Your muscles release tension. The less you move the better, by the way. If you enjoy a great back scratching, then shift about a little. But if you are simply in need of a pleasant stillness, just put your weight on the mat and don’t move. In my opinion, the mat is best used on a bed or couch with your bare skin touching it.
Often, simply lying on the mat puts me to sleep. So, watch out. Don’t lie on it too long, or you wake up looking like a city of elves has used your body for dart practice. No big deal. No real pain. But it feels a bit unpleasant and sore.
The more sensitive parts of your body will require time and patience to get used to the initial prickly feeling, but hang in there. Pleasure is guaranteed. Often, sore muscles are less sore too. I think the rush of blood to the sore areas initiates healing.
Overall, great product. Worth every dime.
Zensufu Back and Neck Pain Relief Acupressure Massage Mat and Neck Pillow Set
Absolutely love this mat! I use it for half an hour on my bare back every night and infrequently stand on it for 10 minutes (way intense though, but worth it). When I first started, I used it on my back for 15 minutes at a time for the first week before upping the time to 30 minutes.
I have used it every night on my back since the day I got it (23 nights ago). Thought that there would be a night or two where I wouldn’t want to use it, but I just keep coming back to it every night because it works.
I have had severe back pain since our family car got rear ended by a semi when I was 12. I am 23 now. Thats 11 years, 7+ of which (on and off) I went to the chiropractor at least bimonthly, if not weekly. I also started working out 2 months ago (from 60 lbs out of shape, 5’10 should be 170-180, was 230, now 210) and my back was definitely thrown out of wack from that. I’ve also moved my parents and moved myself, both moves within the last 3 months.. For the past year I hadn’t gone to the chiropractor, but felt like I was really needing to. I started looking for a solution online because a chiropractor really isn’t in my budget. This fit the bill but seemed like it could have been gimmicky; gave it a try anyway. Makes the pain manageable so I don’t even consider going to the chiropractor anymore. Also costs less than one visit to the chiropractor, lol.
I also do a lot of static yoga and martial arts stretches for my back and do full back arches, handstands, pushups, working on pull ups, etc. all to strengthen my back, but it also gets agitated from the very exercises I’m using for it long-term health.
It can be tough to stay on the mat; it makes you want to jump off it sometimes because the pain is so intense (especially while standing on it!). Kind of a burning sensation at first that builds and builds, eventually turning into a warmth that literally flows throughout your back. Almost gets me high, oddly enough. Get up slowly though, or your back is going to be on fire when you get up. Also, I would suggest getting the neck pillow, but I’ve only honestly used it a handful of times, none of which were recently.
I recommend these mats to anyone, but especially for people on budgets. They really do help.
Sky Blue Hemp Acupressure Massage Mat
I really wanted a quality Acupressure Message Mat I had a cotton one previously. I was comparing the two and of course there are so many different brands and varieties, but after much research and thought I decided to try the Spoonk Organic Hemp Acupressure Mat. I know that the Hemp would be stronger for the mat and would be antibacterial and most likely hold up longer than a cotton one. That and the fact that I really wanted to get a new mat that was of good quality along with the benefits of acupressure I decided to go with Spoonk. I absolutely am impressed and love the mat and everything about the whole mat.
It does hurt when you first lie down on the mat it is very sharp, but after a few minutes my muscles and my whole body starts to really deeply relax. I have tremendous anxiety and have issues with sore muscles from exercise and this is just truly amazing if you allow yourself to breath deeply and really relax. I notice that I start to get very tired and my muscles will start to twitch but then all of the knots and soreness disappears. The mat is definitely sharper then the other mat I had and really works differently and the sensation is totally different. It to some may feel as like lying on a bed of nails. For me after like 3 minutes that sensation goes away and just deep relaxation takes in.
I have been using it only for a short period of time but the benefits to me are immediate! I feel more energized and I am less sore as well as I am sleeping better at night. I love that it comes with a carrying case it is so convenient and I love the fact it is made out of high quality material.
I am so excited because the previous mat I had didn’t even compare to the results that I am having with the Spoonk and the overall quality of the Spoonk being Organic Hemp is just such a positive aspect. This is definitely something if you are someone who really wants to have a quality acupressure mat I would recommend and also if you really are into health and healing through acupressure this mat is just amazing you feel it so deeply. It may feel very sharp at first but it is deeply relaxing in just minutes a day and so many benefits.