Shopping for a breastfeeding bra? Read about types, features, and other must-know topics in our best nursing bras guide. Find the best maternity bras based on our professional feeding bra reviews. Read more about which nursing sports bra for home use that is the best for your specific needs.
Best Breastfeeding Bra
Surely, these nursing sleep bras are not for everyone as some of them carry a hefty price-tag.
With that said, one thing can be said for sure, these good nursing bras are good enough to make it to our list of the top Breastfeeding Bra.
Breastfeeding Bra Reviews
Suekaphin 5PACK Nursing Bra Wireless Bra
These bras have their pros and cons, so here they are… (Mind you I am still expecting, have only tried them on, inspected the quality, and tested the functionality. I have not washed or dried them nor have I nursed a baby with these specific bras, but I had some similar with my first so I will speak from my prior experience.)
Comfy!! Nice stretch, comfortable straps, and I can see they will continue to be comfortable as my breasts grow. They feel great to wear while pregnant as well!
Great Value! For only a few dollars per bra, the quality is great! Yes, there are plastic connectors that I can see getting broke with lots of wear, but with the right care I can see these bras lasting quite a while (as long as washing goes well that is, but as I mentioned above I have not washed mine yet).
Easy to unclip with one hand and easy to pull down under your breast without having to fiddle with it through feedings.
Cute colors! The colors are cute, and make having to wear a nursing bra a little more fun. 🙂
The removable pad did fold over after a few times of pulling the cup down. I was unable to straighten the pad out one handed, but it was fairly easy to fix with both hands. If this poses a problem I will just remove the pads.
Not the most flattering bras… They fit like a sports bra in a way, so they don’t give a ton of support or boost you up at all. Also, I can see it being difficult to wear these with a low cut shirt or scoop neck, so I will probably stick to T-shirts and sweaters that cover more of my chest. They are still great for around the house, sleeping, the early days of sore breasts, etc… So I can’t complain. I always have special bras for going out anyways.
HOFISH 3PACK Full Bust Seamless Nursing Maternity Bras
I. Love. Them. I’ve only bought one other nursing bra and I hated it… but these are amazing. They are more comfortable than any bra I can remember having worn EVER. (I haven’t even had the baby yet and I have one on as I type this.) I was a 36C before becoming pregnant. Now I’m awkwardly between a 38C and a 38D. I bought the mediums because I figured that with the extenders I’d be okay on the fit. Without the extenders, they are a little snug but fit perfect with them. I saw a review that said the straps were an awkward width and that they fell off someone’s shoulders. I have wider shoulders so did not experience that with the extenders. If you have narrow shoulders, I’d try to make sure you order so that you don’t have to use the extenders and you should be fine. If, size wise, you are similar to me, I’d say you would be fine in either a medium OR large.
These bras were just what I was looking for! I wanted to find a comfortable nursing bra that would be easy to use at night as well as provide enough support to wear out. Well these definitely fit the bill! I like that they come with padding if you need some coverage. But the padding is easy to remove and the area provided is perfect for your own nursing pads. Another great feature of these bras is the additional provided extenders. These extenders are great for mamas who are in between sizes.
The only reason that I have them 4 and not 5 stars is that the sizing chart is a little off. I am a 36B and I ordered the mediums. They fit, but only when I use the extenders. So I would suggest to size up if you are in between two sizes!
iLoveSIA 3PACK Womens Seamless Nursing Bra
I’m so glad I got these nursing bras! I haven’t used any other bras in over 6 months. They are so comfortable, I can even sleep in them (and I have done that many times). When I had issues with leakage, I comfortably slept with these bras and a nursing pad, and that helped me not get milk all over my pajamas and the bed.
I’m a full figured woman, wear size 1X clothes and wear a size 36D bra, so I ordered the Large size and it fits perfectly. I was worried that the back strap would be tight (as is usually the problem for me with many bras), but I have plenty of room and it can stretch several inches more across my back.
Because the fabric is so stretchy, it can comfortably hold different cup sizes. My breasts are almost a full cup size different and they both fit very nicely in this bra and both have great support. I thought something that feels so comfortable would not be very supportive, but I was wrong. The amount of support is similar to my regular bras, which I don’t wear anymore because these are just so comfortable.
The clips are very easy to snap on and off for nursing/pumping. They actually really help hold the pump flanges in place. I always put one of these on before pumping because they make it so much easier. You don’t even have to buy the hands free pumping bras, you can just use these! I use the double hair tie trick and put one end of the hair ties on the bra hook, then put the other end around the flange. It works really well for me and lets me actually use my hands while I’m pumping.
These are awesome nursing bras and I’m very glad I bought them. Even after 6+ months of daily use, they look and feel like new. The only negative of these bras is the pad insert that comes with them. I took those out right away because they’re fairly small for the bra and look and feel very strange when they’re on. I can’t even really say that’s a negative though because they’re removable! Just take them out and done. Best bra ever!
Simple Wishes Signature Hands Free Pumping Bra
A couple things to know/keep in mind:
1. For those who don’t realize- everyone I know who has this does not wear it as a stand alone bra. I wear my nursing bra every day. Then when I need to pump at work I put this on over my nursing bra with the ‘flaps’ of the nursing bra positioned down. Once done pumping I take it off.
2. Sizing- it may seem weird that it can fit so many sizes but it is accurate. Between the extra zippered piece and the extenders this really fits all sizes.
3. Effectiveness- I pump three times a day Monday-Friday while I’m at work. It allows me to use the double pump and is really hands free. I typically hold the pump to me for the first few seconds of suction and then let go. Then I have both hands free to do whatever- including checking email, making phone calls, etc.
4. Longevity- this is well made, no question. It is not thin material but instead nice quality material that you can tell will continue to hold up well.
5. Coupon code- as one reviewer pointed out. Yes, when you receive the product there is a request for reviews on Amazon and if you do they will give you a few dollars off a second one. Here’s the thing- it’s a great product and I know lots of moms who use this product every day who love it and none of us have ever bought a second one using a coupon code or given reviews because of pressure due to a coupon code.
6. Compatibility- this will work with any breast pump that has flanges that can be placed in the bra- whether double, single, electric or hand. I have an Ameda Purely Yours double electric but I know several others who have Madela’s and everything fits.
7. One gotcha- when using this make sure that you center the flange on yourself and that you feel the suction. I would recommend first pumping WITHOUT the bra to see how it feels. Then put the bra on and pump. The reason I say this is because if you don’t have it centered and in securely the pump itself can break suction resulting is a loss of effective pumping. It also gives you an idea of exactly how large you need the bra and where the openings should be on you in order to hold your pump.
8. Number needed- I have one. I use it five days a week and don’t feel the need to have numerous ones. Since it isn’t worn for as long as a normal bra or in the same way by no means do I feel the need to have multiple. I know it’s not the cheapest product considering you probably just bought nursing bras, breast pads, a pump, and everything else your baby needs but don’t feel like you need multiple to get the benefit.
Overall this should be in every mom’s pumping bag as it makes pumping as easy as it could possible be. I highly recommend this product!
FOMANSH 3PACK Seamless Nursing Bra
These are exactly what I was looking for! I wanted a nursing bra that felt like a sports bra with out squishing my boobs. This fit my criteria! They however fit a bit looser than a sports bra which makes them extremely comfortable! They come with extra padding and band extenders. Worth all of my money. Not sure how long the plastic clips for nursing will last as Im currently pregnant but so far so good! Highly recommend.
To compare sizing: Pre-pregnancy: I was 32D During pregnancy, I grew out of that so I ordered a Medium in these bras and they are slightly big but once I’m nursing they will fit perfect. Nothing that I complain about during the day while wearing them.
I really wanted this to work for me after reading the reviews. However, it was a no go. I ordered the XL. I was a 34 DDD (according to Victoria’s Secret) pre pregnancy and have grown since (I am 15 weeks prego). It was way too loose around and the cups were a lil small. I really have been frustrated bc I have been searching for a SUPPORTIVE non-wired nursing bra and it is just impossible. The quality seemed good for the price and the material was very soft. I considered trying a smaller size but just didn’t want the hassle if it didn’t work so the search continues. I do feel that smaller bust sizes would benefit best in my opinion. Maybe my expectations were too high.
Lamaze Cotton Spandex Sleep Bra for Nursing
1) Very comfortable – this is especially important in the postpartum period when breasts are engorged. Unlike some other nursing bras, I did not get plugged ducts or soreness as a result of wearing this one.
2) Easy access to breast – the bra easily slides to the side, giving the baby easy access to the breast.
3) Great for layering – I like wearing this bra underneath another nursing top.
4) Comfortable enough to sleep in – I HATE sleeping in a bra, but this one is so comfortable that I didn’t have much trouble sleeping in it while I was in the stage where I needed to wear a bra due to nighttime leakage.
5) Easy to clean – the instructions say that this bra cannot be put into the dryer. However, I have washed mine countless times, and it still fits just as well as it ever did.
1) Not a lot of coverage – my nipples show through this bra, and if I wear a breastmilk pad, that shows through too. There is no liner, so everything shows.
2) Not a lot of support – if you need a lot of support (particularly for larger breasts), you’re not going to find it in this bra. However, I personally could not wear an underwire or tight bra in the postpartum period because my ducts easily became clogged.