Aerobic activity includes an exercise routine that uses large muscles in the arms and legs, is maintained for a long duration and is also rhythmic in nature. Regular aerobic exercise improves the fitness level of the body and also makes the heart stronger and more efficient. Some examples of aerobic exercises are jogging, swimming, jumping rope, roller skating, brisk walking and many others.
Benefits of aerobic exercise:
* It increases the resistance fatigue and gives you more energy.
* Improves mood and reduces depression and anxiety.
* It improves the quality of sleep.
* It helps to control and reduce the body fat.
* It reduces the risk of certain types of cancer.
* It also increases good (HDL) cholesterol that is known to reduce the risk of heart disease.
* Regular aerobic exercise can help you avoid chronic diseases such as heart disease, hypertension.
* It can also lower the blood pressure.
* It improves your body muscle strength and flexibility.
Points to be considered while developing an aerobic workout schedule:
The three important factors that affect the aerobic workout are:
* Frequency: it refers how often you do an aerobic activity.
* Duration: it refers to how much time you have spent at each aerobic session.
* Intensity: it refers to the percentage of the maximum heart rate achieved during the aerobic workout.
The American College of Sports Medicine have recommended that aerobic activity is to be done three to five times a week for 30 to 60 minutes at an intensity of 60 to 90 percent of maximum heart rate.
What can aerobic exercise 30 minutes a day can do for your body?
* Takes in more oxygen that is you breathe faster.
* It pumps the blood faster and more forcefully which maximizes the blood flow to your muscles and back to your lungs.
* It increases the diameter and number of small blood vessels to get more oxygen to your muscles.
* It avoids overheating and increases endorphins.
Disadvantages of aerobic exercises:
Exercise can cause injury so consult your doctor if you have any concerns about pain or discomfort. The most common injuries includes joint and muscle strain and sprains. Remember serious injury or pain should not be neglected.
So keeping these all points in mind get up and start an aerobic workout.