Acupressure is a type of alternate therapy. This therapy was introduced first in China. This kind of therapy mainly helps in relieving pain of muscles and joints.
In this therapy, one needs to press certain points in order to eradicate pain. These points are known as acupressure points. These points are located in large muscles. There are in all 20 major acupressure points in our body. Acupressure also helps to heal mental or emotional disturbances such as depression, tension etc. thus it is an overall relief for body and mind problems.
Acupressure points are scattered all over the body. They are present right from the head to the toe. Different points have different functions. Points such as GV 19, GV 20 and GV 21 are certain head points that help in dealing with depression. GB 20 situated in the wind pond and the point B 23 placed in the lower back at waist level help in solving depression.
How to use the acupressure points?
In order to get the right kind of outcome it is very important to press the right point. There is a knack of doing acupressure too.
1) After choosing the acupressure point, one needs to press it with very strong pressure and count to 10 to 20 seconds. This process should be repeated in regular interval of time.
2) It is very important to apply lots of pressure on the point until you feel the pain.
3) Always use the thumb to press the points. Also the thumb should face the body.
4) It is advisable not to drink or eat half an hour before or after doing the points.
5) Acupressure is beneficial in case of headache, muscle and joint pains, depression, acne, asthma and cough, throat infection, and the list continues.
Benefits of acupressure
With the help of acupressure, you can now heal muscle and joint pain by yourself. You do not have to run to the doctor for small things. Also since it is easy to perform this therapy you can do so wherever you go.